Please note: Now that I am part of Travelport Digital (details here), I do not provide independent paid consulting services.
Consulting / Workshops / Advice
- Customer centric retailing strategies for travel companies:
- Product types, commercial modelling, supplier selection, supply and payment models,
- Cross and up-sell, bundling and packaging – user experience and business proposition,
- End to end customer journey analysis, customer loyalty, lifetime value.
- Travel technology product management, go-to-market, positioning:
- Industry data sources and market segmentation (Airlines and others),
- Commercial buyers / personas / ROI cases,
- Sales and marketing – content and support.
- Product board, product roadmap, feature prioritization, including:
- Business / commercial stake holder inputs and approval,
- Opportunity cost scoring,
- Complexity vs impact quadrant,
- Customer / market / investor communication.
- Vendor selection from RFP/RFI creation to response scoring and evaluation:
- Long list – technology ecosystem, established players, startups,
- Response template / grid, scoring model,
- High level requirements and demo scenarios.
- In-house and 3rd party development:
- Requirements gathering, functional architecture and solution design,
- Gap analysis of product/platform vs requirements, feature prioritization.
Training / Writing / Speaking
For more details on available training programs available please see Travel 101 Training.
- Airlines and the air transport industry:
- History, airline segments/types, regions, business processes & best practice, key metrics, industry data sources, history, commercial drivers, market trends, technology – legacy / established / emerging, standards and industry organisations.
- Online and call centre travel retailing, from product supply to customer experience:
- Contact centre environment, operations, key metrics, how to run observation exercises,
- Sales and servicing (cancel and modify) – considerations for all travel product types,
- eCommerce / mCommerce best practice, travel product restrictions, UX,
- End to end implication for all product types – customer service, disruption, payment processing, accounting.
- Coalition loyalty and frequent flyer programs:
- Program types, revenue generation models, key metrics, customer engagement strategies, technology vendors, sample program case studies, good vs bad practice, industry trends, virtual currencies, gamification.
- Travel distribution marketplace, economics, technology and trends:
- Business travel and travel management companies.
- Global and regional distributions systems.
- Travel agencies – physical, online, portals, tour operators, specialist.
- Direct sales channels – eCommerce / Mobile / APIs / Contact Centre / GSA.
- Commercial drivers and history.
- Travel technology ecosystem – legacy systems, standards, key players, and disruptors.