A conference that used to be about Low Cost Carriers has grown to encompass the entire airline industry and even beyond that to the wider travel industry. I’ll be there for three days, including the Aviation Marketing workshop on Wednesday 7th. I’m delighted to act as the chair for the AirXperience stream on Day 2, Friday the 9th. (More details below).
The lineup includes CEOs from several airlines including easyJet, Jetstar, Emirates, IAG (Iberia, Vueling, Aer Lingus and British Airways), Wizz Air and Norwegian; and key people from those carriers and many more including: Lufthansa, Southwest, Sun Express, Finnair, LOT, GOL, Qatar, LATAM, Transavia, Eurowings, Alitalia, KLM, United, Turkish Airlines, Veuling, Cathay Pacific, Air Canada, Pegasus, NOK, Azul, and Spring.
Important to note the diversity of regions, business models and route networks here. Low cost vs network carriers is increasingly meaningless distinction.
Topics & Themes
Over the course of three days we’ll be exploring the following themes:
- How airlines can be more nimble – in their approach to technology and business processes – to react to market forces and real world events more quickly. How they might take the best aspects of startup culture, and apply some of that innovative thinking.
- Digital transformation – how every aspect of an airline – from brand to customer service – has increasingly spread out to many different channels and touch points, including the internet, customer’s mobile phone and physical locations.
- Passenger (customer) experience – how to ensure excellent customer service, for the entire end-to-end travel journey, and a single consistent view of the customer at all touch points.
This year I will be chairperson for the AirXperience track on conference day 2, Friday the 9th.
We have a wide range of presenters on the theme of passenger experience / customer experience in the airline and travel industry, including airlines, technology vendors and industry experts.
- Catherine Fitzgerald, Travel Lead UK/Ireland, Facebook and Instagram
- Mr Ahmet Olmustur, Chief Marketing Officer, Turkish Airlines
- Dennis Owen (@DennisOwen), Group Manager Social Media, Cathay Pacific
- Mr Justin Steele, Sr. Director of New Products, Switchfly
- Ms Alison Bell (@spaireland), Regional Director, Europe, MTT
- Aubrey Tiedt, Chief Customer Officer, Alitalia
- Sami Foguel, Vice President – Customer Operations and Quality, Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras
- Mr Dejan Cusic, Business Director, Ireland & UK, Comtrade Digital Services
Topics include mobile, VR, wearables, CX strategy, digital engagement, crisis management, ancillary sales, mobile & multi-channel engagement, personalisation, analytics, and airline loyalty programs.
Click here to register / check ticket prices.