I’m delighted to act as the chair for Aviation IT Show on Thursday 8th, and the AirXperience Show on Friday the 9th. More details on those tracks below. In total I’ll be at the event for three days, including the Aviation Marketing workshop on Wednesday 7th. My colleague (and partner in CJ Ignition), Cormac Corrigan, will be there on Thursday and Friday.
Although the Global Aviation Festival was traditionally associated with low cost carriers (as World Low Cost Carrier Congress) it is interesting to note the diversity of regions, business models and route networks here. Low cost vs network carriers is an increasingly meaningless distinction.
The lineup includes CEOs from several airlines including easyJet, Jetstar, Emirates, IAG (Iberia, Vueling, Aer Lingus and British Airways), Wizz Air and Norwegian; and key people from those carriers and many more including: Lufthansa, Southwest, Sun Express, Finnair, LOT, GOL, Qatar, LATAM, Transavia, Eurowings, Alitalia, KLM, United, Turkish Airlines, Veuling, Cathay Pacific, Air Canada, Pegasus, NOK, Azul, and Spring.
Full Agenda links: Day 1 / Day 2
This year I will be chairperson for the Aviation IT show on conference day 1, Thursday the 8th. Our session starts with Patrick F. Poetzsch, Head of Automated Sales, Product & Programs, for Lufthansa, on their new distribution cost charge (DCC). Patrick will then stay on for the panel which includes Vayant, Indra Systems, L.O.T. Polish Airlines and Finnair. Sergey Shebalov, of Sabre Airline Solutions, follows to talk about total revenue management, going beyond traditional RM as airlines strive to be more like retailers. After the break we start the CDO Forum for digital disruption including presentations from:
- Katri Harra-Salonen, Chief Digital Officer, Finnair
- Mr Stuart Birrell, Chief Information Officer, Heathrow Airports Ltd
- Mr Seth Cassel, President, EveryMundo
- Dzulkiflee Taib, C.E.O, Matchbyte
This year I will be chairperson for the AirXperience track on conference day 2, Friday the 9th.
We have a wide range of presenters on the theme of passenger experience / customer experience in the airline and travel industry, including airlines, technology vendors and industry experts.
- Catherine Fitzgerald, Travel Lead UK/Ireland, Facebook and Instagram
- Mr Ahmet Olmustur, Chief Marketing Officer, Turkish Airlines
- Dennis Owen (@DennisOwen), Group Manager Social Media, Cathay Pacific
- Mr Justin Steele, Sr. Director of New Products, Switchfly
- Mr Brendan Bourke, Digital Consultant, MTT
- Aubrey Tiedt, Chief Customer Officer, Alitalia
- Mr Guðmundur Guðnason, Director of Digital Business Development, Icelandair
- Sami Foguel, Vice President – Customer Operations and Quality, Azul Linhas Aereas Brasileiras
- Mr Dejan Cusic, Business Director, Ireland & UK, Comtrade Digital Services
- Jasmine Goh, Project Director, BCS Technology International Pty Ltd
- Mr Mark Mullinix, Managing Director, Loyalty Advantage
Topics include mobile, VR, wearables, CX strategy, digital engagement, crisis management, ancillary sales, mobile & multi-channel engagement, personalisation, analytics, and airline loyalty programs.
Click here to register / check ticket prices.
Remember to follow @airlinesblog on Twitter and keep an eye on the event hashtag #Aviationfest.